Smart Choice Loan Program
Life is full of financial emergencies, and at times, we all may need a little help to make it past financial obstacles. When unexpected financial emergencies arise, are you considering the options that are best for you and how it will affect your long-term financial health?
Smart Choice loan program is designed with that in mind - to help you with your immediate, short-term financial needs.
• A low, fixed rate and longer term options to help make repayments more manageable
• Access to a confidential financial counseling and personal finance education program.
• Must be a member in good standing for 90 days, including being current on all loans with TFCU, and at least 18 years of age
• No more than 3 loans in any rolling six-month period for any borrower
• 100% credit check
• TFCU loan limits apply
• Direct Payroll deposit required
• Automatic payments are encouraged
• The loan must be paid in full before another loan is extended
• Regulations prohibit rolling over this loan
• Short-term repayment options
Financial education is available to all borrowers, and may be required for borrowers seeking second Smart Choice loan. Less expensive financing options are available at the Credit Union.
Note: Smart Choice application fee of $20.00 applies to all requests. Smart Choice application fee is not refundable, and applies regardless of whether credit is extended.
Smart Choice Loan (Last Modified: Jan 02, 2015)
|SMART CHOICE LOAN||Annual Percentage Rate (APR)||Term|
|Minimum $250; Maximum limit $1,000||18.00%||1 to 6 Months|
Rates are subject to change without notice.
+ At no time can the discounted loan rate be lower than the Credit Union's designated floor rate. APR may be higher based on past and present credit performance